What goes best with your morning coffee? A bagel, of course! That is, a Facebook friend of a Facebook friend who also signed up for this unique dating site. Every day at noon, you get an email with your “bagel” of the day, his/her basic info, and a few photos. If you both “like” each other then… voila! You find out their first name and get connected via private phone line where you can text to death for 7 days (and perhaps exchange real contact info & go from there).
What’s good about CMB?
1. It’s super easy. You just click “like” or “pass.” No scouring through profiles.
2. There’s no doubt that if you both connect, you are interested in that person, at least to some degree.
3. The “friend of a friend” factor takes out some of the sketchiness and danger from online dating.
4. You can even filter in preferences such as religion, ethnicity, and age.
5. If you have friends on the site, you can “give” bagels to them. It makes for amusing lunchtime distraction and conversation!
What are the pitfalls?
1. Occasionally you get paired up with an acquaintance. Awkward!!!
2. Sometimes the bagels seem super random (i.e. don’t fit your preferences, not friends of friends, live in a different city, etc)
3. This is only offered in a few cities as of now. But the more that sign up, the more cities there will be!
4. And the worst: you only get one bagel a day
Pro tip: get free coffee beans by inviting your friends (or dummy email accounts) via email!
Rating: 4.5/5 — if there were more people on the site, it may turn into a perfect 5